- 12 chocolate wafer cookies
- 4 Tsp. instant espresso powder
- 1 Tbsp. hot water
- 1 1/2 Cup cold half & half or milk
- 1 Pkg. (4-serving size) JELLO-O instant pudding (French Vanilla or Vanilla flavor)
- 1/2 Tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 1/2 Cup Cool Whip (thawed)
- 1 Jar (11.4 oz.) hot fudge sauce
- 2 to 4 Tbsp. coffee liqueur (optional)
- Chocolate-covered espresso beans for garnish (optional)
- Imagine an elegant small plate with a pool of hot fudge sauce. In the center floats an island of creamy cupcake-shaped cappucino pudding with a dollop of whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon and a chocolate covered espresso bean on the tippy-top for garnish.
- The coffee and cinnamon in this recipe make a wonderful flavor combination.
- Place 1 cookie in each of 12 muffin cups, trimming to fit, if necessary.
- Dissolve espresso powder in hot water in medium bowl (2 Tbsp. instant coffee powder may be substituted for the espresso powder). Add half & half (or milk), pudding mix and cinnamon. Beat with wire whisk until well blended, 1 to 2 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into muffin cups. Freeze until firm, about 6 hours.
- Heat fudge sauce with liqueur just before serving; keep warm. Run thin knife around rim of each muffin cup; remove dessert. Place on individual dessert plate. (If frozen solid, let stand 5 minutes to soften slightly.)
- Spoon sauce around each dessert. Garnish with additional whipped topping, cinnamon and chocolate-covered espresso beans, if desired.
- Makes 12 servings.
- Recommended by Joyce Wagner, from "JELLO-O Easy Entertaining"